Sunday, May 13, 2012

Stillwater Report - Anderson Reservoir

We've been hitting the still-waters pretty hard lately, and I've come to a couple of conclusions: 1. It's fun and challenging to explore large bodies of water and look for features that might hold fish.  2. I need a motor for my drift-boat.  We hit Anderson Reservoir on Friday and Saturday, in hopes of finding some Smallmouth Bass.  Anderson is over 4,000 acres, and right now it is full of water.  Watching bass boats blow by you at about 50 miles per hour can be a little discouraging, but we gave it hell anyway.  We fished one cove hard on Friday and fished big weed beds on Saturday.  What did we find?  We found Bass, Trout, and what was almost a state record record Smallmouth.  I mean this thing was huge...but unfortunately it turned out to be a sucker fish.  All in all we had a great weather, good camping, and slow fishing...one more still-water down.  Anyone have a motor I can borrow?



No comments:

Post a Comment